- What is BetterVoice?
- How/Where can I sign up for BetterVoice?
- What will happen to my data on Calltrunk?
- How can I download my Calltrunk archive?
- Will BetterVoice cost more?
- Does BetterVoice have all the Calltrunk Functionality?
- When will Calltrunk stop making and recording calls?
- What about my Calltrunk smartphone app?
- How long can I access my recordings on Calltrunk?
- What will happen to my credit?
- What will happen to my subscription?
BetterVoice is an Austin, Texas based company founded in 2010 to bring advanced telephony features to small businesses and individuals. They were far ahead of their peers, building sophisticated call management capabilities that could be attached to any landline or cell phone.Page top
Sign up takes 30 seconds and it's free.
- Go to www.bettervoice.com/calltrunk
- Click "Sign up now" and enter your email address and choose a password
- Enter your credit card details**
** why do they need your credit card? They ask for your credit card to allow your subscription to continue should you keep your account open after the free trial. This prevents you from missing important calls. Collecting credit card information also allows them to reduce fraud and to limit customers to one free trial.
You will be able to move all of your data over to the BetterVoice application, after May 11th. This is because it will take some time to package it up from Calltrunk and hand it over to BetterVoice.
You can still sign up with BetterVoice and use the service in the meantime.
After May 11th, as long as you can verify your Calltrunk account email, your data can be migrated to BetterVoice.
After May 11th:
- Login to your BetterVoice account, and then go to www.bettervoice.com/account/import/calltrunk
- Verify your Calltrunk account email address (you may need to check your spam folder for the confirmation email - don't close this window so you can request a resend if necessary)
- Once your account is confirmed you will need to close the page and open a new window at www.bettervoice.com/account/import/calltrunk
- Now you will see the option to "start import"
- Request your Calltrunk data to be imported into your new BetterVoice account, by selecting "start import"
- Depending on how many recordings you have this may take up to 24 hours to complete
You can access your recordings that are stored on Calltrunk by downloading selected individual recordings to your hard drive or sending them (individually) to Dropbox, or Evernote. To send a file to one of these online storage services you would need to have an account with one of the services and then you would need to link the account.
Instructions on how to download your recordings
- Login to your Calltrunk account here : https://www.calltrunk.com
- Click on the tab that says "Trunk"
- Review your recordings.
- For each recording that you want to retrieve and store click the plus button. Then choose to "download" or “send to”. The "Send to" button will give you the option to send files to Dropbox or Evernote**.
**Please note that the Box integration is no longer supported due to a change in their API.Page top
BetterVoice has a different pricing structure than Calltrunk. BetterVoice charges $20/user/month. For more detailed information you can go online at bettervoice.com/pricing/ and check out their pricing options.
This will result in higher charges for some customers and lower charges for others.Page top
Yes! BetterVoice has specially enabled a new set of features for Calltrunkers.
You can use a similar Click-to-Call feature:
- Login to your BetterVoice account
- Go to this URL: https://www.bettervoice.com/account/call/connect/
You can also order Human Transcriptions for your recorded calls.
- Access our legacy dashboard here.
- Find the call you need in the call list and click on it. Once on the call details page, click the big green button that says "Request Call Transcription ($1.50 / minute)".
- Once your transcript is complete, we will send an email letting you know. You can access the transcript at the call record linked in the email.
To View/edit Call Notes
- Access our legacy dashboard here. You'll need to be logged in.
- Find the call you need in the call list and click on it. Once on the call details page, view/edit your call notes using the textarea provided.
May 8, 2015 will be the last day you can make and record phone calls.Page top
After May 8, 2015 we will no longer support the app. The Calltrunk mobile applications will no longer be able to connect to the server to view or search your recordings. The app will continue to exist but it will not function properly so you might as well delete it.
If you've already signed up for a BetterVoice account we recommend downloading their latest mobile applications:
For iOS - click here
For Android - click here
You can still access your recordings until May 15, 2015 through your Calltrunk account at Calltrunk.com. If you signup with BetterVoice you will be able to transfer your recordings to that platform on or after May 11th 2014.Page top
Eligible credit may be transferred by request to your BetterVoice account. Calltrunk's policy on eligible credit as outlined in our pricing page, is that it must be less than 90 days old. For example, if you last topped up your Calltrunk account in 2013, your credit would not be eligible.
If you have eligible credit, that is, less than 90 days old, you can request this credit to be transferred to your BetterVoice account after May 15th 2015. After you have signed up at BetterVoice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request after May 15th, 2015
If you do not wish to migrate your existing account along with your data (recordings) to BetterVoice, please contact email@example.com to request a refund.Page top
All subscriptions will cease (automatically canceled) after May 8. We are no longer collecting subscriptions or allowing credit top-ups. BetterVoice is offering a whole month free trial to all Calltrunk users. This is double the amount of time that regular new users would get.Page top